browse class styles
more yoga services
Yoga brings about inner and outer strength by uniting the body with the mind through the practice of physical postures, meditation, breath work and chanting. Practising yoga can be a mystical as well as magical experience that is very different from traditional Western “workouts.”
Yoga is an ancient practice — ascetics in Northern India used yogic techniques from 500 BCE (some argue earlier) to liberate themselves from what they feared was an endless cycle of rebirth.
Yoga practices and aims have changed a lot since then and nowadays students come to class for a myriad of reasons — maybe you want to improve your flexibility and cardiovascular health. Or perhaps your goals are different and you would like to achieve a heightened state of mental awareness or a sense of peace. All of these are possible.
benefits of yoga include:
- Strengthens and tones the core muscles and improves flexibility
- Strengthens the joints and contributes to better bone health
- Supports the function of the circulatory and respiratory systems
- Supports digestive health
- Balances the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems
- Helps reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Aids better quality and more restful sleep
- Helps maintain and improve mental and emotional health
- Improves your relationship with yourself, which in turn helps with improving your relationships with other people