Yoga brings about inner and outer strength by uniting the body with the mind through the practice of physical postures, meditation, breath work and chanting. Practising yoga can be a mystical as well as magical experience that is very different from traditional Western “workouts.”
Yoga is an ancient practice — ascetics in Northern India used yogic techniques from 500 BCE (some argue earlier) to liberate themselves from what they feared was an endless cycle of rebirth.
Yoga practices and aims have changed a lot since then and nowadays students come to class for a myriad of reasons — maybe you want to improve your flexibility and cardiovascular health. Or perhaps your goals are different and you would like to achieve a heightened state of mental awareness or a sense of peace. All of these are possible.
Whatever your reasons, we welcome you to triyoga — an oasis in a bustling capital city.
Our teachers are renowned globally. They are the best in what they do, and will show you how to strengthen your body with postures and movement, teach you how to train and focus your mind, and show you how to channel your energy with breathing and meditation techniques.
Every time you step on your yoga mat at triyoga, our aim is to help you connect to and become part of an ever-evolving and powerful tradition that has the power to transform your life.
the benefits of yoga
- Strengthens and tones the core muscles
- Increases muscles definition throughout the body
- Improves flexibility
- Strengthens the joints and contributes to better bone health
- Supports the function of the circulatory and respiratory systems
- Increases capacity and strength of the lungs
- Massages and encourages fresh oxygenated blood to the internal organs
- Balances the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems
- Aids better quality and more restful sleep
- Supports digestive health
- Reduces the level of the stress hormone cortisol, helping to alleviate the symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Helps to build resilience to the effects of stress and anxiety
- Improves cognitive function, boosts memory and sharpens concentration
- Increases overall body awareness
- Increases the neurotransmitter dopamine, which lifts the mood and helps you feel happier
- Improves your relationship with yourself, which in turn helps with improving your relationships with other people
new to yoga?
choosing a class
which yoga style + level is right for you?
triyoga offers a wide range of styles and levels across an extensive class schedule. Classes vary, from the most dynamic to deeply restorative, and everything in between – so whatever your age and fitness, there are classes to suit you.
Click 'read more' to view our A-Z list of class styles, or if you just want to get started, we'd recommend picking a class that is simply called ‘yoga’. In these classes, teachers often incorporate elements from various yogic traditions, so they are a great way to find the style that suits you.
with far-infrared heat
triyoga hot is a powerful and nurturing practice for all levels which facilitates safe, deep stretching and a detoxifying stretch.
Free your inner voice and plug into your power with weekly kirtan sessions at Camden and Chelsea and monthly sessions at Soho.
yoga for sports
Play football or tennis? Run 10ks? Row, swim or cycle? Yoga for Sports can help you boost performance, avoid injury and recover quicker.
kids + toddlers yoga – creative, calming + fun!
Classes to empower all age groups, from 2 – 12 years. In our yoga classes, children can learn to relax, concentrate and be gentle in a fun and creative environment.
Max Strom’s Inner Axis system incorporates breath-based yoga movement and mindfulness techniques, dealing directly with sleeplessness, stress and anxiety.