about meditation + mindfulness
Meditation is a core practice of yoga that is available to everyone. You don’t have to be an experienced yoga practitioner to reap the benefits of this profound and time-tested practice.
At triyoga, our classes combine meditation and mindfulness to create a deeply nurturing experience and an opportunity for you to pause and reflect within your day. An experienced teacher will guide you through the class and may incorporate a combination of breathing, yoga and guided visualisation techniques, which can also be integrated into everyday life.
- Around 20 meditation and mindfulness classes a week
- From 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Classes from £8.50 or save with a 10 class pass for £70
- Classes for all levels, from beginners to experienced practitioners
a combined practice
Mindfulness was described by the Buddha as the “medicine that cures the disease of suffering”. It is an ancient technology and skill that is increasingly used in neuroscience and psychology to help retrain the neural pathways of the brain.
Mindfulness is a skill that helps develop present-minded attention that is kind, compassionate and non-judgemental. With mindfulness, you will learn to meet life’s experiences with less reactivity and tension and more responsiveness and care.
There are many ways to practise meditation, such as focussing on your breath, another object or repeating a mantra, but all methods have one intention — to turn our attention inwards so that we can experience our true self. Whether one seeks stress-reduction or spiritual-fulfilment, meditation and mindfulness can have a tremendous effect on our lives.
benefits of meditation + mindfulness
- Builds a deep and long-lasting connection to your true self
- Alleviates the symptoms of and builds resilience to the effects of stress and anxiety
- Improves sleep quality and alleviates insomnia
- Supports with improving the quality of our relationships
- Boosts and improves brain function, improving concentration, memory and ability to process information and think clearly
- Aids with boosting immunity and improves metabolism