The GYROTONIC® method is a movement modality that contains similar elements to those found in yoga, but it is not derived from yoga. It links movement with breath, working to increase the natural flexibility of the spine, while simultaneously strengthening and stretching the musculature.
What makes it different from yoga is that it is less linear and more three dimensional, with a greater emphasis on spiralling and twisting.
Holistic in nature, GYROTONIC® exercises address the body, mind and emotions. The movements promote a tremendous sense of wellbeing, delivering increased energy, greater mind-body awareness, long and lean muscles, improved posture and a stronger core.
The GYROTONIC® method uses specialised equipment to take the body beyond its limitations; the principle piece of equipment being the Pulley Tower.
The GYROTONIC® method delivers powerful cross training for all, including yogis, dancers and athletes. Plus, because it is low impact, GYROTONIC® exercises are also highly beneficial for pre- and post-natal women and those recovering from injuries.
GYROTONIC® is a registered trademark of GYROTONIC Sales Corp and is used with their permission.
new to Gyrotonic®?
the benefits of GYROTONIC®
- Increases spinal mobility
- Maintains heath of the joints throughout the body
- Helps to develop long, lean muscles
- Improves balance and coordination
- Increases body awareness
- Increases flexibility and boosts efficiency of body movement
- Allows for deep stretching of the muscle and encourages myofascial release
- Enhances posture and core strength
- Improves sports performance
- Facilitates the prevention and rehabilitation of injuries
- Improves function of your lungs, heart and circulation