Rounded shoulders, clicking, aches and pains…when should you get help? Osteopath Nav Bhandher shares six signs it’s time to book an appointment…
- You’ve had a minor injury, and it hasn’t improved several days later.
- You have on-going pain, and you have to pop pills in order to cope with it.
- You are practising yoga, and you want to perform the best you can and avoid injuries.
- You feel like you have bad posture.
- You suffer from regular headaches and migraine, which makes your life a misery.
- You believe that prevention is better than curing an ailment after it has been diagnosed.
how can visiting an osteopath help?
Whether you are suffering from acute or chronic pain, there are a number of ways a visit to an osteopath can help. Treatments help to relax your body, improve movement in your joints and muscles and encourage good circulation in order for your body to repair itself. Pain that isn’t caused by stress will certainly become a stress! The key is to help you relieve the pain quickly, so it doesn’t leave a lasting effect. You will also receive lots of advice on posture, exercise and lifestyle changes to help prevent the problem from reoccurring.
should you only see an osteopath if you have a problem?
Many people believe that they should see osteopaths when they only have a problem. In fact, this is far from the truth. We all know the saying “prevention is better than cure” and it really is. Prolonged desk use, manual labour, standing all day, care work, parenthood coupled with some bad postural habits – all put a significant strain on our bodies and frequently cause injury or pain in certain areas. Regular “MOT” treatments as a form of preventative care can help foster long term optimal health by keeping the body in prime functional condition.
Nav offers osteopathy treatments in Camden and Soho. To view his schedule and prices, please click here.