mummy + me baby yoga classes
available at shoreditch, camden, chelsea, ealing
These classes are for babies from six weeks to crawling – and dads are very welcome too. As a mum, you’ll use movement, balancing strengthening and restorative poses to help you recover and build strength following pregnancy and birth. It’s also a great time to connect with your baby in a nurturing and loving way, using play, touch, eye contact and sometimes singing.
Lots of people really value the community side of these classes. Whatever experiences, stresses or concerns you bring to class, the teacher and other students are there to support and help you in whatever way they can. And, of course, you can breastfeed, change nappies, allow your baby to simply sleep – whatever works for you and your baby at that time. If you had a C-section, please make sure you have your doctor’s permission before returning to yoga.
Classes cost £13.50 per class with a 10-class pass. View all pricing options.
yoga for kids
at camden, chelsea, ealing + shoreditch during term times only
classes for children aged 4 – 6, 7 – 9 and 10 – 12 years, plus teens
Yoga is for everyone – and you’re never too young to start. Kids yoga classes are a wonderful way to increase children’s co-ordination, self-awareness, confidence and self-esteem while they stretch and strengthen their bodies. Using yoga, children can learn to relax, concentrate and be gentle in a fun and creative environment.
Physical activity is a key part of learning and development and changes as the child grows up. For toddlers, classes tend to focus on moving the body, making shapes and starting to balance. At around six years old, the yoga becomes more fast paced to help build concentration. Then, as the lungs develop, aged eight they learn how to slow the mind through breathing. For older children, aged nine and up, classes might include relaxations to deal with stresses from school, plus postures to build strength and confidence.
toddlers (2-3.5yrs) yoga
at triyoga camden
This 45-minute class is for toddlers from crawling to four years old. It’s a fun and interactive class, for both the toddler and the parent, with yoga shapes, games, sounds and movement to help with the toddler’s development. This includes improving spatial awareness, co-ordination, creative expression and motor skills. It’s also a nice calming space, helping toddlers to deal with any hyperactivity.
the benefits of kids + toddlers yoga
- Develops good posture
- Helps maintain a child's natural flexibility
- Supports growing bodies and tones and strengthens the body
- Stabilises core muscles and maintains joint mobility
- Supports the immune, respiratory, circulatory systems
- Prevents sports injury
- Improves co-ordination and balance
- Promotes healthy sleeping patterns and teaches the body how to relax
- Builds social confidence as kids interact with kindred spirits
- Improves self-confidence through breathing techniques and encouraging children to use their voices
- Releases day-to-day anxieties such as separation issues, bullying, lethargy and feelings of negativity
- Offers a space for children to express their emotional state in a physical way
- Improves memory retention which helps children learn more easily and improves concentration levels