Jonathan Sattin, founder of triyoga, shares an update on the latest UK Government guidelines
Like you, we watched intently as the UK Government’s latest changes to the Covid-19 guidelines were issued yesterday (Wednesday 9th September), assuming they have not changed again this morning or even this afternoon.
Despite our confidence that we were exceeding UK Government guidelines, we checked with the Cabinet Office yesterday, whether these latest guidelines impacted us and they confirmed that as a ‘Covid-19 Secure Environment’ the new changes would not apply so almost all’s well. Our procedures are constantly under review with leading experts and we will enhance them if any further improvements become available in terms of equipment or knowledge.
From the outset, we were determined to place your safety as our key priority and we also anticipated that guidelines would be fluid as knowledge of Covid-19 developed. On that basis we developed our safety protocols, not just to achieve UK Government guidelines but to exceed them, based on a variety of expert advice to ensure we would always be providing you a higher level of safety.
As a reminder here they are:
- Rolled, cleaned studios mats will be in place in marked areas showing 2 metre social distancing from all sides. If you want to bring your own mat, no problem
- There will be no props used apart from in very limited circumstances and these will be cleaned before each class
- All the studios will be cleaned and sanitised thoroughly before and after your class
- All staff are wearing PPE
- All classes must be pre-booked to ensure you have a place in our lower capacity, socially distanced studios – so no drop-ins
- Temperature checks when you arrive and hand sanitiser is available before you come in and throughout our studios and centres – please use regularly
- Face masks to be worn in all our centres apart from on the mat
- We are asking students ideally to arrive dressed for their class or treatment wherever possible
- All centres have newly installed hospital grade air cleaning and virus removal equipment with HEPA and UVA filters – well in excess of UK Government guidelines
- There are clearly marked and distanced routes through each centre including cafe areas
- The booking system retains full track and trace data in the unlikely event it is required
We all know that yoga provides enormous value in terms of boosted immune systems, enhanced sleep, health and mindfulness improvements and we are committed to ensure you continue to be able to practise or receive a treatment in the most safe and secure environment in our centres.
I look forward to seeing you in the studios.