triyoga Camden now has a women’s health physiotherapy clinic, with the arrival of Laura Maleh to our therapies team. Curious about how this therapy might help you or a woman in your life? Read on for more information and how to book an appointment with Laura.
One in three women experience women’s health problems in their lifetime. This can range from pregnancy-related pain to symptoms related to the menopause. Yet many women suffer in silence as they feel too embarrassed to seek help for their symptoms, unaware that there is help available.
That’s where women’s health physiotherapy comes in…
“Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline – and we can’t afford to think that way. Instead, we need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
– Michelle Obama
Women’s health physiotherapy can help if you’re experiencing any of the following:
– Pain in relation to childbirth, both antenatally and postnatally
– Bladder or bowel incontinence, such as urine leakage with laughing, coughing, sneezing or running
– Heaviness or discomfort in the vaginal or perineal area
– Undergoing gynecological or breast surgery
– Musculoskeletal conditions both during pregnancy, and postnatally, such as pelvic girdle pain, neck and upper back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome
– Sexual dysfunction in relation to pelvic floor muscle problems
– Concerns over your abdominal muscle strength following pregnancy and/or caesarean
A session with Laura Maleh includes a full assessment of your health and well-being. Together you will agree on a personalised treatment plan, with a full exercise program and recommended lifestyle modifications, to help cure your pelvic health issues.
Clients say, “I saw Laura after experiencing a third-degree tear with my first child. Her experience, knowledge and teaching really helped my recovery and prepared me for another pregnancy. I subsequently had a much better post-natal experience.”
Laura’s clinic is on Sundays from 9.00am – 2.00pm at triyoga Camden. Click here to book a women’s physiotherapy session with Laura Maleh.