This yoga foundation course, held over three weekends at triyoga Camden, will help you to develop your yoga practice and expand your knowledge and understanding of the postures and of yoga more generally.
You’ll learn more about the postures, key alignment points and how to practise yoga to suit your body’s unique anatomy and its needs. You also explore other yogic practices such as use of the breath, mudras and chanting. You’ll gain an overview of the history and different paths of yoga, and consider how to apply the key teachings to your everyday life.
The course can be taken purely for your own interest, learning and development, and to help you develop a personal practice, and can also give you a firm foundation from which to consider a future yoga teacher training, if you wished to pursue that in the future.
The training is on the following weekends at triyoga Camden:
1 + 2 July
8 + 9 July
15 + 16 July
All days are 9am-5pm (one hour lunchbreak)
The mornings are mostly practical. The afternoons are theoretical, plus light stretching and relaxation techniques.
While we strongly encourage in-studio attendance to enhance the learning experience and connection with Susannah and each other, this course will be live-streamed for students who can’t get to the studio. Click the book now button and scroll down to the foundation course, then choose either the Camden or online option. If you will be sometimes in studio and sometimes online, book the Camden option.
Over the course, you will:
– Explore a variety of yoga practices including asana, pranayama, mudra and chanting
– Be empowered to practice asana safely in a way which best suits your body, understanding the key alignment points of the main poses
– Learn enough to have a knowledgeable, committed and enjoyable home practice
– Develop your knowledge of the history, styles and paths of yoga
– Gain a basic understanding of some key yogic texts: the Hathapradipika, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita and Pantanjali’s Yoga Sutras
– Have a sound basis from which to consider a yoga teacher training
eligibility + pre-requisites
This training is suitable for:
- New students with six months or more of regular yoga practice
- Students with more experience who want to understand or revisit the foundations of yoga, to develop a solid, more knowledgeable practice
Susannah Hoffman studied yoga as a child and grew up with Eastern philosophy and meditation as part of her life. She has been teaching for more than 20 years and is one of the original teachers on the triyoga teacher training diploma. As well as training teachers, she teaches pregnancy yoga, children’s classes and beginners’ courses. Each student is treated as an individual, encouraged to work at their own level and take responsibility for their own wellbeing. Susannah is a qualified British Wheel of Yoga teacher and a Senior Teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK. She is the founder of triyoga’s teaching yoga to children trainings, and author of the best-selling book Yoga for Kids.