equipment pilates sessions – available at camden + ealing
In Pilates equipment sessions, specialised pieces of apparatus are used to provide resistance and also give support for your body. You can choose from private, semi-private (with 2 people) and group sessions (up to 4 people).
Everyone new to the Pilates equipment studio at triyoga must begin with a private introductory starter assessment, where you will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire. The teacher will then carry out a postural assessment and tailor a programme specifically for you. Your classes will continue to be customised for your needs as you progress.
Types of equipment sessions:
- Private sessions last 60 minutes. As they are one-on-one you receive complete individual attention as you learn basic techniques. After time you may want to advance onto small group classes.
- Semi private sessions last for 60 minutes. There are a maximum of two students per instructor at any time. You receive almost all the benefits of a private class but at a lower price.
- Group sessions last 75 minutes. There are a maximum of 4 students in each session. Each client works on their own programme within a group environment, whilst still receiving a high level of individual teacher attention and care.
mat pilates classes – available at all centres
These classes entail exercises mostly performed lying down on the mat. Usually lasting between 60 – 90 minutes, they are ideal for everyone. However, if you have specific injuries, then starting with Pilates Equipment classes may be a better way to start as these are either one-on-one, semi private or small groups limited to no more than 4.
In Pilates mat classes:
- It is your body working against gravity that provides the biggest challenge.
- Exercises flow from one to another, creating an overall mind and body workout that leaves you re-invigorated, relaxed and centred.
- There are no static, isolated movements.
- Concentration and body awareness replaces the quick, jerky movements of other exercise regimes.
- Grace of motion is emphasised over speed.
- Muscles are developed to compliment good posture, suppleness and natural grace.
- The classes become more challenging as you advance.