pregnancy yoga teacher training
with Nadia Narain
05+06 Oct, 02+03 Nov and 07+09 Dec 2019
learn to teach + teach to learn
The triyoga pregnancy training with Nadia Narain takes place over three weekends. It emphasises asana, breathing, meditation, philosophy, anatomy, physiology and support for the mother during pregnancy and birth. The commitment to empower women in body, mind and spirit forms the foundation upon which these elements are developed.
Pregnancy is a completely natural process. The modern world often complicates pregnancy with unnecessary intervention. The healthier and more conscious a woman is during this time, the more chance she has of having a joyful pregnancy and childbirth.
The triyoga pregnancy training teaches how to remove the obstacles a woman may experience to this most natural of processes. It draws on a broad range of expertise to teach how to create a supportive environment for pregnant women so that they can draw upon their inherent strength and open to their innate softness and ability to nurture both themselves and their baby during this time and beyond into young motherhood.
By feeling confident in their bodies and spirits they will have more internal resources with which to make informed and conscious choices throughout their pregnancy and on the day of the birth.
triyoga pregnancy training vision:
- to broaden qualified yoga teachers’ expertise and complement trained professionals who already support women during pregnancy and birth including doulas and midwives
- to present a safe, conscious, healthy approach to yoga during pregnancy, and how to teach it effectively
- to teach how to inspire women and their babies to appreciate and benefit fully from the journey pregnancy takes them on
- to teach how to support women beyond pregnancy into young motherhood
We create an environment that fosters dynamic and interactive learning from the start with positive feedback, individual attention and support.
dates + times
Saturday 05 October 09.30 – 17.00
Sunday 06 October 09.30 – 17.00
Saturday 02 November 09.30 – 17.00
Sunday 03 November 09.30 – 17.00
Saturday 07 December 09.30 – 17.00
Sunday 08 December 09.30 – 17.00
Each weekend reflects a specific content focus and includes: practice of asana, small and large group work, practice teaching time, homework, review and lectures from a wide faculty of professionals in the field of birth and complementary support.
We encourage you to begin teaching as soon as possible after the course to solidify the connection to what you have learnt.
To complete the training, trainees must:
- attend and participate on three 13-hour weekends scheduled over consecutive months
- successfully complete all required written assignments, including homework, throughout the course
- teach a class observed and assessed by the course tutors
In the event that a student misses a session, they must retake the session during another intake of the training in order to qualify to teach pregnancy yoga.
By the end of the training you will:
- Have a deeper knowledge of pregnancy including:
- the anatomy and physiology of a woman during the 40 weeks of pregnancy;
- the physical and emotional changes a pregnant woman goes through;
- the physical discomforts and common ailments during pregnancy and how to alleviate them
- a deeper respect for the power of a woman’s body
- Know how to teach a safe practice of asana, meditation and breathing, modified and sequenced for the needs of pregnancy that helps women connect to their bodies and their babies
- Have a network of complementary practitioners in the field of pregnancy: including a doula, a midwife, an osteopath and a cranial-sacral therapist in order to create an environment for women to approach birth in a holistic, informed and conscious way; one that feels healthy and appropriate for them leading up to and during the birth itself
- Understand yoga philosophy as it applies to pregnancy, birth and parenting
- Feel confident in helping a new mother transition competently and gracefully into her new role
eligibility + pre-requisites
This course is suitable for yoga teachers (qualified and currently in training) and meets BWY, Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and Yoga Alliance USA requirements for CPD. It is also open to qualified practitioners in the field of pregnancy/birth support and other complementary health disciplines, although in this case please contact email@example.com for confirmation of your eligibility before making your booking online.
This training meets BWY and Yoga Alliance Professionals requirements for CPD
In the event that you are unable to complete the training due to exceptional circumstances, any exemptions to fulfilling your requirements, including your financial obligation, are at the discretion of triyoga Education.
dates: 05 oct – 08 dec 2018
teacher: Nadia Narain
020 7449 3151