post-natal yoga teacher training
with Nadia Narain
10 – 11 march 2018
This training is specifically designed to give you the skills to teach a foundational class to mothers and their babies from 6 weeks after birth, and is open to qualified yoga teachers and dedicated pregnancy and post-natal practitioners.
You will learn how to support new mothers in re-connecting with their own health and well-being as well as guiding them in ways to be with their babies ‘in yoga’. Training will incorporate key insights on the benefits of cranio-osteopathy from a leading therapist who specialises in working with mothers and children. Expect a lot of fun and creativity as well as a thorough experiential and theoretical grounding in postnatal yoga.
triyoga post natal yoga: ethos
Life with a new baby is joyful and exciting, but can also be overwhelming and isolating. Post natal yoga supports you in re-claiming your body, after 40 weeks of sharing it with your baby. By strengthening and aligning the body and re-focusing some attention on your own needs, you will be better equipped to make informed and conscious choices as a mother. It is also a great way to meet other mothers and co-create a supportive community.
triyoga post-natal training: vision
- to develop qualified yoga teachers’ expertise and complement trained professionals who already support women post birth
- to present a safe, conscious, healthy approach to yoga post-pregnancy, and provide practitioners with tools to teach post natal yoga safely and effectively
- to inspire and support women on their journey beyond pregnancy and into motherhood
We create an environment that fosters dynamic and interactive learning and are committed to providing constructive, feedback, individual attention and support.
The training takes place over one 16 hour weekend covering aspects of yoga (asana, breathing, meditation, philosophy, anatomy, physiology) as appropriate. The commitment to empower women in body, mind and spirit forms the foundation upon which these elements are developed
The weekend will include: practice of asana, small and large group work, practice teaching time and talks from a faculty of professionals in the field of birth and complementary support. We encourage you to begin teaching as soon as possible after the course to consolidate your new learning.
Saturdays 09.00 – 18.00
Sundays 09.00 – 18.00
By the end of the training you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of the anatomy and physiology during the post-natal period. Better understand the physical and psycho-emotional changes that can occur during the post natal period.
- Be aware of common post natal ailments and know how to alleviate them. Learn skills to teach a foundational class to mothers and their babies 6 weeks after birth, including practical “classroom management” skills when dealing with large classes.
- Have a network of complementary practitioners in the post-natal field
eligibility + pre-requisites
This course is available to qualified yoga teachers as a continued professional development. It is also open to other qualified practitioners in the field of pregnancy and birth support (such as midwives, doulas, etc) to compliment and expand their existing knowledge. If you are unsure of your eligibility please contact triyoga teacher training email@example.com
This training meets BWY requirements for CPD.
dates: 10 – 11 march 2018
teacher: Nadia Narain