post-natal yoga teacher training
with Nadia Narain
14 – 15 march 2020
This training is designed to give you the skills to teach a foundational class to mothers and their babies from six weeks after birth, and is open to qualified yoga teachers and dedicated pregnancy and post-natal practitioners.
You will learn how to support new mothers in reconnecting with their own health and well-being as well as guiding them in ways to be with their babies ‘in yoga’. Training will incorporate key insights on the benefits of cranio-osteopathy from a leading therapist who specialises in working with mothers and children. Expect a lot of fun and creativity as well as a thorough experiential and theoretical grounding in postnatal yoga.
This is a great opportunity to work closely with Nadia Narain, who created the pregnancy teacher training at triyoga. Nadia has been been teaching since 1996 and is one of triyoga’s original and best-loved teachers, having taught here since we first opened. Nadia holds the highest level certification with YA (500SYT) and continually expands her knowledge of yoga and pregnancy yoga, studying with world renowned yoga and Buddhist meditation teachers.
triyoga post natal yoga: ethos
Life with a new baby is joyful and exciting, but can also be overwhelming and isolating. Post-natal yoga supports you in reclaiming your body, after 40 weeks of sharing it with your baby. By strengthening and aligning the body and re-focusing some attention on your own needs, you will be better equipped to make informed and conscious choices as a mother. It is also a great way to meet other mothers and co-create a supportive community.
triyoga post-natal training: vision
– To develop qualified yoga teachers’ expertise and complement trained professionals who already support women post-birth
– To present a safe, conscious, healthy approach to yoga post-pregnancy, and provide practitioners with tools to teach post-natal yoga safely and effectively
– To inspire and support women on their journey beyond pregnancy and into motherhood
We create an environment that fosters dynamic and interactive learning and are committed to providing constructive, feedback, individual attention and support.
The training takes place over one 16-hour weekend, covering aspects of yoga (asana, breathing, meditation, philosophy, anatomy, physiology) as appropriate. The commitment to empower women in body, mind and spirit forms the foundation upon which these elements are developed.
The weekend will include practice of asana, small and large group work, practice teaching time and talks from a faculty of professionals in the field of birth and complementary support. We encourage you to begin teaching as soon as possible after the course to consolidate your new learning.
Saturdays 09.00 – 17.00
Sundays 09.00 – 17.00
By the end of the training you will:
– Have a deeper understanding of the anatomy and physiology during the post-natal period. Better understand the physical and psycho-emotional changes that can occur during the post natal period.
– Be aware of common post-natal ailments and know how to alleviate them. Learn skills to teach a foundational class to mothers and their babies six weeks after birth, including practical “classroom management” skills when dealing with large classes.
– Have a network of complementary practitioners in the post-natal field.
eligibility + pre-requisites
This course is available to qualified yoga teachers as a continued professional development. It is also open to other qualified practitioners in the field of pregnancy and birth support (such as midwives, doulas, etc) to compliment and expand their existing knowledge. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact triyoga teacher training administrator firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training meets BWY and Yoga Alliance Professionals requirements for CPD.
dates: 14 – 15 march 2020
teacher: Nadia Narain
course start: Sat 14 March 2020
020 7449 3151