inner axis: teacher training + empowerment course
with Max Strom
19 may – 18 august 2018
This training consists of two 14 day segments and both segments will have one day off in the middle.
The training will be taught by Max Strom (19 days) and with Jamie Elmer teaching the Applied Anatomy portion of the training (7days). The course will include some homework, including required reading and some exercises.
This Inner Axis training with world-renowned teacher and author, Max Strom, will teach you how to guide ordinary people through the experience of extraordinary transformation. It is designed to prepare you to teach people from all walks of life and levels of fitness, whether or not your student has a stiff body or a rigid schedule. If you’re in a leadership position, or have the aim to become a teacher, or simply have the desire to enrich your knowledge and practice of Max Strom’s method, you will find this course inspiring and indispensable to your journey.
Sat 19 May – Fri 25 May 09:00-12:00 + 13:00-17:00
Sat 26 May DAY OFF
Sun 27 May – Fri 1 June 09:00-12:00 + 13:00-17:00
Sat 2 June 09:00-12:00 + 13:30-16:00
Sat 4 – Fri 10 Aug 09:00-12:00 + 13:00-17:00
Sat 11 Aug DAY OFF
Sun 12 – Fri 17 Aug 09:00-12:00 + 13:00-17:00
Sat 18 Aug 09:00-12:00 + 13:30-16:00
Course modules + outline:
• The Three Pillars of Transformation: Mind, Body, Breath
• Breath-initiated movement; the prime mover
• Emotional Healing/ Internal Transformation
• Ethical Precepts
• Yoga posture alignment, strength, and stretching
• Qi Gong- listening and sensing
• Working with extremes: beginners, elders, and the hyper flexible
• You will learn four Inner Axis sequences
• Adjustments, techniques and common issues
• Skills for effective Universal Teaching and Leadership
• Enhancing your Communication Skills and Confidence
• Philosophy of Living
• Focus and Meditation
• Applied Anatomy for Yoga, taught by Jamie Elmer
• Safety in the classroom, taught by Jamie Elmer
eligibility + pre-requisites
- Enrollment is limited and by permission only.
- Students wishing to enroll must have a passionate interest in Max Strom’s method and a minimum of 2 years studying Hatha yoga. We reserve the right to decline your application if you do not meet these requirements. Please contact email@example.com for more information if you are in doubt of meeting the criteria.
- You must have practiced with Max before in a workshop or retreat, or with his Learn To Breathe DVD daily for two months prior to the commencement of the training – The DVDs can be downloaded as electronic files from his website.
- You must have read both books by Max Strom “A Life Worth Breathing” and “There is No APP for Happiness” before participating in the training.
course start: Sat 19 May 2018