Bridget Woods Kramer yoga teacher training
18 jan 2018 – 29 july 2018
precision + grace: a 200 hour teacher training
A fully accredited 200 hour teacher training over 6 months with Bridget Woods-Kramer at triyoga.
Embody and teach yoga with skill and creativity. Bridget offers an inspirational, educational programme that will enable you to find your unique voice as a teacher.
The training will include the following areas of study
- Asana, bandha, drishti
- Teaching methodology
- Assisting (verbal and hands on)
Students will have home study and self-practice to complete between each of the modules and there will be additional written and practical assessments:
- 2 essays – history of yoga and philosophy
- Worksheets – asana, pranayama, meditation, anatomy, teaching methodology
- Teaching a class and adjusting students
- Written exam – alignment and teaching principles
In addition to completing all homework, written and practical assessments, in order to graduate students must attend a minimum of 90% of the course. Should a student miss more than this, they will be required to take catch-up modules as agreed with the tutor. These will incur an additional charge.
The training consists of 28 tuition days delivered through 6 modules. These consist of 6 weekends, the first being 4 full days and the following running from Friday evening to Sunday evening. There will also be a final module which consists of a 9-day intensive and an assessment weekend.
Module 1: Step into the current of grace
Module 2: Expanding the possibility
Module 3: Devotion, skill + action
Module 4: Stepping into the heart of Anusara Yoga
Module 5: Refining the senses
Module 6: Honing your skills
On completion of the training, students will
- Know, and be able to apply, the Anusara Principles of Alignment
- Understand the pedagogy of yoga
- Have learnt to apply the art of observation and adjustment in asana
- Understand and be able to apply the art of sequencing
- Be confident in using Sanskrit for the level 1 sequence of postures
- Be able to confidently teach led classes based on level 1 and 2 postures, including basic meditation and pranayama techniques
- Understand, and be able to explain, the roots and philosophy of yoga, particularly the Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita and non-dualism
- Have developed good basic skills in business and marketing management
- Understand, and be able to explain, the chakras and subtle body anatomy
eligibility + pre-requisites
Students should have a strong personal yoga practice and have been practicing regularly for a minimum of one year, a basic understanding of yoga philosophy, an open attitude and a willingness to learn.
Students should recognise that the course will be demanding, both at and in between module weekends. Successful completion of the course will require significant effort, focus and dedication. In this respect, students should ensure that they have both the time and the personal support they need to commit to the course fully.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to book onto the training, please contact the teacher training team on 020 7449 3151 or email@example.com.
Certificates will be awarded on successful completion of the course, including the final assessment.
On successful completion of the training, students will be able to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals at Associate – Level 1 level and with the Yoga Alliance USA as a 200 hour RYT (registered yoga teacher).
The Bridget Woods-Kramer School of Yoga is accredited by Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK). On successful completion of the training, students will be able to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals at Associate – Level 1 level and with Yoga Alliance USA as a 200 hour RYT (registered yoga teacher).